Henry, At three months you….
- Are still long and skinny (12 lb 13 oz and 25 1/2″). You are wearing 0-3 month clothes but have outgrown the length of your footed pajamas.
- You are eating every 2 hours during the day. I could set my watch by your schedule.
- Are doing much better with the acid reflux now that you are on Prevacid. I hope we can take you off the medication soon.
- Are sleeping better during the day. You still cry every time before falling asleep but you don’t cry for as long or as vigorously as you used to. You usually nap for 30 min but sometimes you will go for a whole hour.
- Started a bed time routine. You have a bath (you finally stopped crying during these), get your pajamas on, I read a book to you and I sing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” (in honor of your Dad’s love for paddling :)) and “Jesus Loves Me”. You are in bed between 7:30 and 8:30, usually wake up once between 2:00 and 4:00 and then are ready to start the next day between 6:00 and 8:00. Once or twice a week you will sleep through the night! Your record so far is 10 hrs.
- Still have your bad days but overall you are a much happier baby!! You are still fussy in the evening but I can handle a few hours of fussiness better than I was able to handle crying and screaming all day.
- Do a lot of smiling and “talking”. It is so much fun to interact with you.
- Are very interested in the world around you. That is good except for when I want you to focus on eating instead of staring at the curtains behind me or sleep when we are taking a walk around the neighborhood or in a store.
- Are trying to grab toys. Sometimes you close your hand just in front of or behind the toy but more and more you are getting it. You have a look of concentration on your face and you move your hand very slowly and with such determination towards the toy.
- Learned to suck your thumb!! I am thrilled that you can now soothe yourself. You usually suck your left thumb and rub the back of your head with your right hand.
- Do not like tummy time but I make you do it anyway. If you are really interested in a nearby toy or the pictures on your play mat you will momentarily forget you are on your stomach and lay there for a little longer.
- Are able to entertain yourself for a little while which means I am getting more things done around the house!
What was that Mom?
Oh, you want me to smile!
Want to see how Henry has grown? Check out the previous months.