Henry, At four months you….
- Sort of have enough hair to brush. Your eyes are still grey but I sometimes think they look brown if I see them at a certain angle.
- Have always been long and skinny but now that you have dropped down from the 50th to the 10th percentile in weight it is more exaggerated (13 lb 4 oz (10 percentile) and 26 1/2″ (95 percentile)). You are wearing still wearing 0-3 month clothes but I don’t think that will last for long. Because you are so long you are wearing 6-9 month footed pajamas.
- Are still eating every 2 hours during the day (but the sessions only last 15 or 20 minutes instead of 20 to 30 minutes). However, if we are out and about and you are really interested in the world around you or if you happen to take a longer nap you may go for 3 hours between feedings.
- Would much rather “talk” to me or look around than eat. Any little sound will catch your attention.
- Are off the Prevacid and haven’t had any more issues with acid reflux!
- Are sleeping better during the day. You usually cry a little bit before falling asleep but sometimes you surprise me and quietly drift off to sleep. It is still typical for you to take a 30 minute cat nap but every once in a while you will sleep for a whole hour.
- Sleep wonderfully at night!! You fall asleep between 7:00 and 7:30 and are out until 5:30 or 6:00. Then after a quick feeding you fall back asleep until 7:30 or 8:00. You have been consistently sleeping through the night for three weeks now and I couldn’t be happier. 🙂 Every once in a while I hear you wake up in the middle of the night but you fall back to sleep on your own in just a minute or two.
- Fall asleep with your head turned to the left, sucking your left thumb and rubbing the back of your head with your right hand. You certainly don’t stay in that position though. Sometimes I find that you have turned a full 180° in your crib. That is pretty amazing considering you do that while laying on your back wrapped up in a blanket.
- Have been such a good baby recently! You are very happy, energetic, noisy and amazed by the world around you. When you start to get tired you get quiet, stop flaying your arms and legs and suck your thumb. When you get really tired you start to fuss.
- Weaned yourself off of pacifiers. For a few weeks at the end of your second month and beginning of your third month you loved to suck on a pacifier when you were wide awake and when you were sleepy. Then you transitioned to wanting a pacifier when you were tired but when you calmed down and it fell out you would suck your thumb. Now if we put a pacifier in your mouth you will push it out and stick your thumb in so we don’t bother with the pacifier any more.
- Do a lot of “talking”. You are combining vowel and consonant sounds (ah-gaa, ah-baa), repeating consonants (ba-ba-ba-ba-ba), squealing with delight and making razz sounds (not full blown raspberries yet). It seems like you are sort of laughing but it is not the typical, all out, cute, baby laugh. You also love to stick your tongue out at us.
- Are drooling all over everything and everybody. I suppose those teeth of yours are on their way.
- Grab at everything and try to pull it to your mouth. You really favor your left hand so I try to get you to use your right hand by showing you thing on your right side to grab. Sometimes you clasp your hands together across your chest. That usually makes me laugh because you look like a little old man relaxing in an easy chair.
- Are doing well at tummy time. You hold your head up, prop yourself up on your elbows, grab toys and roll over onto your back. Each day you last a little bit longer on your tummy before you start fussing.
- Love it when we hold you in our laps in a sitting position. You are doing well at holding your head up and your core is getting stronger. If you are wide awake and we prop you on a pillow in a semi-reclined position or cradle you in our arms you strain really hard to sit upright. You only want to snuggle in a cradled position if you are tired.
- Are called Munchkin, Baby Cakes, Chubby Cheeked Cherub, Sunshine, Handsome Baby Boy and Pumpkin by your Mom. Your Dad just calls you Bobble Head Stinky Pants or My Boy.
I have really enjoyed this last month. Part of me wishes I could freeze time and keep you just as you are…my sweet, happy, little baby. The other part of me looks ahead and hopes for many more joyous moments.
It was hard to get a picture of you smiling because you were either….
….trying to talk to me…..
…..or trying to grab the camera.
Want to see how Henry has grown? Check out the previous months.
One Month Two Months Three Months
what an absolute cutie!!!
Aww thanks! 🙂