Here are five things that made me smile this week.
- The weather. We have had beautiful weather this week!! The sun has been shining and it has been in the mid to upper 70’s. We enjoyed sitting out on the porch and going for walks this week. I’m sorry to all of my friends and family up north who are still enduring nasty weather. You can laugh at me when summer rolls around and I am living in a hot and humid tropical jungle.
- Family. I had a cousin come into town for a high school fine arts competition. I was excited to see her band perform and get together with other family. I’m glad the judges agreed with me and gave her band first place!
- Pickles. The other day I was really craving a good dill pickle. As I ate it I was reminded of when my brother and I were kids. We loved to eat pickles and on some Saturday mornings we would sit and watch cartoons while eating a bowl full of pickles. I know, most kids eat cereal…..you wouldn’t be the first to tell me I’m a little weird.
- Borrowing. I am glad I get to borrow this Bumbo seat for Henry. He loves to be able to sit up in it! Yes, it is a lovely shade of lavender and no, Henry is not worried about being mistaken for a girl while sitting in it. Pink….now that might be going just a little too far…. 🙂
- My best friend. I enjoyed talking to my best friend on the phone today (she lives far away and I hardly get to see her). We were able to talk for whole (mostly uninterrupted) hour and twenty five minutes. Let me tell you, that doesn’t happen very often. I am inspired by her! How she manages to keep up with four young kids, homeschool, keep the house clean, cook healthy meals for her family and tackle all of the other tasks on her never ending to-do list I’ll never know. Good job girl!!
So what made you smile this week?