Here are five things that made me smile this week.
1. Sleeping through the night – Lily slept through the night for the first time last night!! Ok, so maybe some people wouldn’t think that 9 pm – 4:30 am qualifies as sleeping through the night. But that is the longest stretch of time she has ever slept and since I usually start my day at 5:00 I would rather get up a half an hour early than wake up two times during the night.
2. Short sleeve shirt – We had some warm weather this week so it was time to dig out the short sleeve shirts for Henry. The first time I put one on him he said “Oh no!! Mama, my shirt!” while trying to pull the sleeves further down his arms. Ha! He must have forgotten all about short sleeves and was distressed by the fact that his shirt was “broken”.
3. Chicks – There are 10 new balls of fluff cheeping in our garage.
4. Date night – We are going on a much needed date night tonight! I still don’t know what we are going to do but it doesn’t really matter. I’m just excited to spend some time with my hubby.
5. Catching up with life – Last week was my first week back to work since going on maternity leave and it was very overwhelming. This week was much better. My to do list is still a mile long and there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done but at least a few things are back in order and I feel like I’m catching up with myself again.
So what made you smile this week?
Let’s get together!