- Either didn’t grow this month or you were too wiggly and we didn’t get accurate measurements (18 lb 5 oz, 29″ long and 18 1/4″ head circumfrence). You are wearing 6-9 month shirts and 9-12 month pants.
- Have four teeth.
- Are down to nursing three times a day and get some supplemental formula from a cup at each meal. You prefer drinking from a sippy cup without a valve but will also drink from an open top cup. At this point I hold the cup for you.
- Love to touch, squish, and smear your food and prefer finger foods over pureed food. You are also learning to eat from a spoon. Sometimes the food makes it to your mouth but more often it ends up somewhere else.
- Are taking two naps a day. One long hour and a half nap in the morning and a shorter 30 minute nap in the afternoon.
- Still army crawl. You know how to crawl on your hands and knees because you will do it for a few seconds if we put you down outside on grass but then you’ll go back to the army crawl.
- Have figured out how to cruse along the furniture.
- Spend a lot of time pulling up on furniture and then sitting back down.
- Prefer to kneel and play with an object rather than sit on your behind. I guess it is because you still haven’t figured out how to transition from belly to sitting but can transition from pulling up to kneeling.
- Have learned how to put objects back into a container and place the ball onto the top of the ramp and let it roll down.
- Will usually place an object in my hand if I ask you to “give it to Mommy”.
- Like to point at things or people around you and pictures in your books. You also hold out objects toward us as if to say “hey look at this cool thing!”. It is fun to see you try to communicate without words.
- Do a funny little closed fist up in the air or open hand slight wave at people. I think you may be waving hello since it is different than when you put both of your hand up asking to be picked up.
- Separation anxiety has fully set in and you are very attached to your owl security blanket.
The standing up part of this photo shoot didn’t go as well as last month.
“What did I just run over? Were you wedging this thing under the wheel to try and stop me from walking away?”
Want to see how Henry has grown? Check out the previous months.