- Are right on track with your weight gain this month (18 lb 1 oz, 28″ length and 18″ head circumference). You are starting to grow out of your 3-6 month clothes.
- Have one little tooth that has popped through.
- Are nursing every 3-4 hours for a total of four or five feedings a day. After you nurse you go to your highchair for a meal or snack of solid foods and a few ounces of formula in a bottle or sippy cup. You love to eat solid foods! I have started to give you a little more lumpy foods and you have mastered the pincer grasp to pick up small pieces of food.
- Are starting to take longer naps! You will take two naps that last 45-60 min and may take a quick cat nap in the early evening if you are really tired.
- Have not been sleeping through the night this month. I don’t know if it is all of the traveling or the teething or being sick but I hope things settle down again.
- Still love to suck your thumb.
- Love to army crawl. You can get around pretty fast and enjoying being able to go wherever you want.
- Do not like to be up on your knees and so have not figured out how to transition from your tummy to sitting up or figured out how to crawl on your hands and knees.
- Are able to hold onto furniture and stand on your own for several minutes. While standing on your own you can let go of one hand at a time and move it to another position but you do not yet move your legs to cruse along the furniture.
- Can pull yourself up from a sitting to a standing position.
- Need to start learning the meaning of the word “no”. You are always trying to grab the stack of magazines and want to roll over when you are getting your diaper changed.
- Now respond to your name.
- Seem to know what “Mama” means. You will say it when you want me to come pick you up, want me to come to the highchair and bring you food or if someone else is holding you and you really want me instead.
- Make funny facial expressions when you are trying to “talk” to us. Sometimes if looks like you are telling us a very serious story.
- Still like to play peak-a-boo and are now able to uncover your face if we put a blanket over your head.
- Bite your lower lip when you are concentrating, just like me.
- Will use both hands but still prefer to use your left hand.
- Love to go shopping with me. You enjoying sitting in the big boy seat in the shopping cart and like to babble and smile at everyone who passes by.
- Have mastered taking toys apart (pulling the rings off the post or taking objects out of a box) but have not figured out how to put things back together.
- Will still willing go to anyone but after a little while if you look around and see me you may call for me.
- Love to be outside! As soon as I start to open the door you squeal with delight and fail your arms and legs and when we go back in you fuss.
Want to see how Henry has grown? Check out the previous months.
One Month Two Months Three Months
Four Months Five Months Six Months